- About US
- How do We Work
- Partners & Donors
- Events & Press release
- Resources Center
- Jobs/ Tender
|Vacancy Number||66||Start Date||03/28/2017|
|Location||Kabul||Contract Duration||Short term|
|Nationality||Afghan||No Of Jobs||01|
|Gender||Male/ Female||Shift||Full Time|
|Education||Post Graduate Degree in Political Science, Social Science, Law, Gender and Development or other rele||Experience||At least 5 years of experience working on gender|
1. Provide a clear outline on the methodology for data collection, data analysis, and literature review relevant to CEDAW Reporting.
2. Initiate, plan and organize one day research and data collection workshop for researchers related to CEDAW, Shadow report process, purpose of data collection, type of qualitative and quantitative data for researchers
3. Develop and track a most appropriate schedule (work plan) according to the agreed timeline to deliver the deliverables on timely manner.
4. Develop and review data indicators, questionnaire for individual and focus groups on subject to (CEDAW Shadow Report).
5. Provide effective guideline for the researchers in terms of data collection for both quantitative and qualitative data.
6. Analysis raw data and conduct a desk review of the previous CEDAW Reports produced by AWN and government.
7. Maintain regular communication with AWN, CEDAW INITIATIVE COMMITTEE (CIC), and members in terms of report layout, contents, research methodology and other requirements.
8. Provide strong and evidence based recommendations to the findings based on the collected research data and desk review.
9. Attend meetings or consultations before or after the report development
10. Share the draft version of the report with AWN and integrate their feedbacks and comments accordingly.
11. Inform Deputy Director in case of any gaps in the implementation of work plan in advance
Post Graduate Degree in Political Science, Social Science, Law, Gender and Development or other relevant field.
• Regional knowledge, previous experience in Afghanistan is strongly preferred
• At least 5 years of experience working on gender equality or women’s rights.
• Strong knowledge of CEDAW and women’s human rights issues, particularly elimination of violence against women.
• Proven experience with institutional planning, reporting and monitoring process.
• Excellent analytical writing skills on similar issues (analytical reports and policy papers).
• Personal interest, commitment, efficiency, flexibility, and willingness to work with a highly motivated team of professionals
• Understanding of Afghanistan context
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, Pashto, & Dari
• Ability to work under pressure and short deadline.
Additional Considerations: · Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. · Please mention position title on the subject of email · Applications meeting the above requirement will be entertained only. · Only the short listed candidates will be notified. · AWN reserves the right to appoint a selected candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post. Contact Information Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, should submit an up-to-date Resume/CV, with a Letter of Interest, via email to the following e-mail address: email@example.com - Late applications won’t be considered.